100 Happy Days Challenge - The Results!

08:29

Wow - so it has definitely been at least 100 days since I last wrote a blog!

Now for those of you who read my last blog, you may recall me entering the 100 Happy Days Challenge with at first fear and scepticism, but ultimately a positive attitude. And I tried hard to keep that positive mentality throughout the challenge. Some days, I really had to try hard.

Less than a month into the challenge, in the space of under 2 weeks, I had two people who I loved pass away, I was trying recover from an operation that went wrong whilst with the stress of being in the middle of my finals, family drama, my uncle had been rushed to hospital and was only getting worse at the time and my relationship came to an abrupt, unforeseen end. I chose not to talk to any of my friends of my worries and what was going on in my mind at the time because literally all I wanted to do was concentrate on uni, get my finals done, and then cry later when its all over.

I usually have a positive, 'Everything-happens-for-a-reason', 'Where-God-loses-a-door-he-opens-a-window', 'There-must-be-a-silver-lining-somewhere' attitude to life. But trying to keep up my 100 Happy Days during that time was tougher then I thought it would be, and I was faced with my original fear before starting the challenge; that I wouldn't be able to find anything to be happy about each new day.

But fears are meant to be faced. And I slowly found that the 100 Happy Days Challenge actually really helped me. It forced me to think of what else was going on around me and focus on the little things that were still making me happy and in doing so, I was reminded that no matter what else was going on, (or the majorly sucky timing of it all!), there was still so much in my life to be grateful for and happy about.

Such as my amazing, supportive friends, church and tutors that I had at university. My recovery was going well, nothing went wrong in my finals and I was even starting to see the bright side of my break up. And as cliche as it is, it is so true that it really is the little things in life that are to be the most treasured. And the best thing about that is that there are a lot more little things in a day than 'big' things.

After all that, the hardest part of the 100 Happy Days Challenge was finding the time to record it! Especially after going without the internet for a while and going on holiday for 2 weeks. There was a lot of #CatchUp needing to be attached to many of my #100HappyDays posts.

I used my Instagram and Twitter account to record my #100HappyDays and looking back on them, they range from being happy about good food to celebrating my Prom. But the majority of them is about having fun with my friends and doing things which I love like presenting and being in the sun.

If there is anything that I can take from this challenge, it is that it is not what makes you happy each day, its who. Whether that who be a friend, family member or tutor, the people around us have a much greater influence on our happiness than any object or event can. So I chose to have positive, supportive people around me.

But most importantly, Nobody has control over our own happiness the way we Ourselves do. During all that stress over my finals and with everything else going on, it would have been way too easy for me to just give up trying to smile and just accept misery and get on with it. But I chose not to. I chose to be positive and happy and to think about something each day that makes me smile. The 100 Happy Days Challenge helped me do that, and in doing so , I was reminded at just how much I have in my life to be happy about. And how many people I am so happy, and grateful, to have in my life as well.

#ChallengeCompleted !

















You Might Also Like

0 comments