10 Life Lessons I've Learnt...

17:33


1.       You can’t always trust the people you want to.
2.       You can’t please everyone.
3.       Trying to please everyone will be the death of your happiness.
4.       Nobody in the world is a mind reader, so if you want somebody to know how you’re feeling/what you’re thinking etc., the easiest, quickest and most effective way to handle it is to just tell them.
5.       You should only ever live up to your own expectations, nobody else’s.
6.       Promises do not literally exist.
7.       Everything happens for a reason, whether immediately apparent or not.
8.       It is important to treat others how you would wish to be treated.
9.       Manners go a long way and a smile goes a mile.
10.   Childhood and adolescence is what we spend the majority of our life trying to overcome.

Some of these quotes I got from movies or other forms of inspiration … some of them I've learnt on my own… and some of them have just been reinforced by said inspirations.

It’s sad some of them really, such as the first one, ‘Not always being able to trust the people you want to.’ But as much as we hate it, it is unfortunately true, you can’t always trust the people you want to; like you may want to trust your boyfriend/partner, but sometimes you can’t. You may want to trust that your friend or whoever won’t let you down or that the justice system is fair and that there is no such thing as a ‘crooked cop’ and so on but unfortunately, the world does not work like that.

Just like how I mentioned in number 6 that ‘Promises don’t exist. Because not in a melodramatic depressing way, but I just really believe that they don’t. I only feel this way because nobody can predict the future so how can anybody really promise anything…? You could promise to meet your friend at a certain time and place but you could get lost or something happen meaning that you can’t make it there any more and either way whether the situation be in your hands or not, ultimately, a promise has been broken. Promises are made with good intentions, but the world is unpredictable and nobody can ever say or promise anything for certain.

Finally, the last one is a quote that I slightly adapted, said by the wonderful actress Sandra Bullock in the, (besides the cheesy name), pretty brilliant film ‘Hope Floats’; “Childhood is what we spend the rest of our lives trying to overcome.” And I believe this to be true for at least the majority of us. I have always wanted to succeed in the media industry because personally it is what I want to do career wise with my life. But I would be lying if I said that I was not looking forward to the day that I not only really succeed, but get to show all the people in school who gave me hassle and the people who when I was younger tried to put my ‘pipe dreams’ down, who really came out on top in the end. As the amazing singer Jessie J said herself, ‘Who’s laughing now?’

Whether it is bullies, a suffocating parent, a traumatic event or whatever scenario that happened in our childhood/teen years, we all have something to overcome, something to prove or somebody to prove wrong. And although that these may seem like negative things, they push us and give us goals. Such as the model Jodie Marsh becoming a model to show the bullies who called her ugly that she is beautiful. Through her fame she has accomplished so much in helping charities and children who were bullied. This is one of the ways that I hope to use my hopefully-someday-fame too…

And just to throw in another Awesome quote from the movie ‘Hope Floats’…

“Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts.  So when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will.”

I don't expect your, dear readers, 'life lessons' to be the same and it is more than likely that my top 10 list will continue to develop... but I do hope that it may help you in some way .. and if nothing else, do please make the time to check out the movie 'Hope Floats' - its Awesome! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments