Who I Really Want To Be...

09:54

I have recently been to my third interview/audition for university. For the audition section, we were each set the task to prepare and perform a 1.30 minutes speech on the topic 'Who Do I Want To Be And Why?' well, I instantly thought; 'Well who else would I want to be other than myself!?'
 My life hasn't exactly been all easy. 
However, I would never change anything about myself or what I stand for, (except maybe if I could I would make myself a better morning person...) Yet in the same way, although parts of my life have not been particularly enjoyable, I still would never want to change them. Because what has happened in my life has made me who I am and got me to where I am in life now. And I'm happy with Who I am, and Where I am in life. So yeah it would be nice to be as loved as Cheryl Cole or as successful as Fearne Cotton, but really, why would I really want to be anyone else other than myself?...

So that was what I decided my speech should be about. Being yourself and not wanting to be anybody else. 
Here it is, I hope you like it....


Sometimes in life we can get so caught up with who we Want to be and who we Don't want to be, that we get confused and distracted from who we really are. So who or What do I want to be? I'd like to be taller, but I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon. I want to be the person who people feel like they can rely on if they need help or just to talk, so I know that Im actually doing some good. I want to be successful, remembered, and the person who everyone knows they can rely on to put on a good show and present with a smile every time. Because as cheesy as it sounds, there's no better way to make people smile, than smiling first. Try it! Smile at a random person in the street and watch them smile back and feel happy that someone they've never met thought it would be nice to smile at them...

So who do I Really want to be? I know: that I want to be a better person so that I can ensure that I'm making people smile- even If sometimes it's more At me than with me. And I KNOW: that above all, I just want to be myself...

I know who I want to be, I know who I  Don't want to be, and I know who I am. And THAT'S who I want to be. Because life's Too Short to Waste Time Wanting to Be Anybody Else...

Thank you


So what do you think? Do you think I'll get a place by just wanting to be me?...

Good Luck to all those applying for university and college! 

You Might Also Like

6 comments